Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sami was born in Pakistan and reared and educated in Britain. He attended Rugby School and studied at the University of London. Asha Bhosle spotted talent in a ten-year-old Sami at an R D Burman concert in London, and encouraged him to take up music as a career. Sami then learned Indian classical music from the Santoor maestro, Pandit Shivkumar Sharma and became one of the first people to play Indian classical music on the piano and electric piano

I started playing piano at the age of five. It has always been a part of me. The process of composing a melody and nurturing the whole thing into a final product is very fulfilling. In compositions, I can vent my thoughts and frustrations. Singing is therapy for me. It comes after all the background is ready. While singing you just have to sing and freak out. In short, each has its own essence. I like all of them equally.

No comments: